[Starlingx-discuss] Retiring repos

Rowsell, Brent Brent.Rowsell at windriver.com
Mon Oct 8 14:51:06 UTC 2018

Sounds good to me.

Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Troyer [mailto:dtroyer at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2018 10:21 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] Retiring repos

We have some repos in Gerrit that are no longer used (stx-gplv2, stx-gplv3, stx-utils) that would be good to get into a final disposition.  I suggest we do not just remove them because they do contain history.

The OpenStack practice[0] is to push one final commit into the repo that removes the content and leaves a note in README.rst explaining why it is empty.  How does everyone feel about this?  In this case the history is not long but it is the initial open sourced code so I would like to not remove the repos.

I do think we should push an EOL tag to the last HEAD before removing the content (I thought OpenStack did this but I don't see it in their docs).

dt

[0] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#retiring-a-project
(note that parts of this process do not have equivalents in StarlingX, we are looking at only steps 2 and 3)

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com