[Starlingx-discuss] Patch to support different address witdhs in DPDK

Peters, Matt Matt.Peters at windriver.com
Thu Oct 11 15:01:43 UTC 2018

The patch is not for openvswitch itself and is only for the bundled DPDK distribution that is included in the CentOS specific SRPM (currently based on 17.11.0 - old snapshot).

Currently CentOS is not a distributing a newer version of the openvswitch package that includes a newer version of DPDK.  I don't think we want to up version the DPDK distribution in this package within StarlingX since this would deviate from a supported lineup of Centos.  However, that being said, the recommended version from OVS is DPDK 17.11.3.

I think the short term solution is we should include this patch in StarlingX to address the immediate issue.  Longer term, we would want to push to get the CentOS openvswitch SRPM package updated with a newer version of DPDK 17.11 (currently at 17.11.4) to have all available bug fixes in the dpdk-stable branch.

Regards, Matt