[Starlingx-discuss] Delete snapshot and volume

Perez Carranza, Jose jose.perez.carranza at intel.com
Wed Oct 17 16:48:52 UTC 2018

I was able to delete the snapshot even when 2 instances were launched from there following below steps:

===
$ openstack image create --disk-format qcow2 --file /home/wrsroot/cirros-
 0.4.0-x86_64-disk.img --public cirros
$ openstack volume create --image cirros --availability-zone nova --size 1
 cirros-vol
$ openstack volume snapshot create --name cirros-snap cirros-vol
$ nova boot --flavor <flavor> --snapshot <snapshot-id> --nic net-id=<net_id>  <instance-name>
$ openstack snapshot delete cirros-snap
===

So seems like the snapshot is not directly linked to the instance created.

Regards,
José