[Starlingx-discuss] Oct 18 2018 StarlingX TSC meeting notes

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Thu Oct 18 15:57:00 UTC 2018

10/18/18

  *   Bill Zvonar has joined the WR team as a Program Manager for StarlingX

  *   Project priority review and next steps - Bruce
o    Bruce to send out his updated list as an Etherpad, asking folks to tag changes made, team to use as initial planning doc for 2019.03.

  *   Governance feedback & changes - Bruce
o    Active reviews seem to address all current feedback.
o    Rendered document is visible at https://docs.starlingx.io/governance/reference/tsc/stx_charter.html
o    Link to reviews for stx-governance: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/stx-governance,n,z

  *   Feature content for the 2019.03 release - Brent

  *   Follow-up on spec process - Brent
o    Good discussion last week.  As we build up spec volume we need to make sure the process is working.
?  AR Bruce - align feature dev process with house rules.
?  Spec approval should have both TSC approval and key expert (Tech Lead(s)), with no negative feedback.
?  Consider multiple levels of specs - higher level specs for direction - approved by TSC - lower level specs for implementation - approved by PL(s).
?  We are very early in this process.  Let's run the process and adjust as needed.

  *   Containerization specs and steps to obtain final approval - Frank
o    There are 6 specs for this project in progress, approved by Brent +2 and by the project team.  Ready for TSC review.
?  List of all pending spec reviews:  https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+AND+project:%255Eopenstack/stx-specs
?  AR Team to review these specs