[Starlingx-discuss] Build of StarlingX ISO on CentOs System

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:09:40 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 4:58 PM Rajesh Jha <Rajesh.Jha at rsystems.com> wrote:
>  Since the developers guide has the steps followed in making an iso image of StarlingX taking Ubuntu 16.04 as the host OS. Therefore all scripts need to be updated to reflect the corresponding centOS commands in the script. So is there any scripts available for CentOS development environment as well so we can refer and run it.

We (Brian and I at Intel) initially developed the CentOS container
approach to building StarlingX because what we had available to do
builds were Ubuntu 16.04 systems.  You could conceivably just run the
build directly on CentOS systems without the container.  This in fact
is how many of the developers at Wind River work.

> So shall we go ahead with changes in script written for Ubuntu to work on CentOS. Any suggestion will be very helpful.

I can see where using the container build process may be desirable
even on a CentOS host, keeping things neat and clean, or if the
version requirements do not exactly match.  Generalizing the Ubuntu
scripts to work on other distros is desirable but just not something
that anyone else done before now.

We would welcome contributions that broaden the availability of StarlingX.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com