[Starlingx-discuss] How flat provision network access external network

Sun, Austin austin.sun at intel.com
Mon Oct 29 14:20:28 UTC 2018

Hi All:
      In my set up ,  compute-0 eno1 is connected external network as data network.  Is it possible VM on compute-0 can access external network directly ?
I tried below commands , but it did not work. :(

openstack providernet create providernet.a --type flat
openstack network create ext_net --provider-network-type flat --provider-physical-network providernet.a
system host-if-modify -p providernet.a -c data compute-0 eno1
openstack server create --flavor vm1.flavor --image cirros --nic net-id= ext_net vm1.tiny

Thanks.
BR
Austin Sun.