[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] Setting up the docs.starlingx.io website

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 15:03:09 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 9:43 AM, Arce Moreno, Abraham
<abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to confirm some things and ask for a bit of information:
>> 1. The stx-docs repo will contain most of the docs.starlingx.io site?
>
> Also it might include a section to document the existing APIs from OpenStack projects
> modified by StarlingX.

api-ref is generally in-repo with its code....

>> 3. Release notes also need to be published, should they go in
>> docs.starlingx.io/releasenotes/<project>?
>
> Can we please include API Reference documentation? How about under
> docs.starlingx.io/api-ref/<project>?

Sure.

> Is this related to generating our documentation using
> tox -e [releasenotes / api-ref / doc] ?

Yes, those tox jobs are what generates the documents and the publish
jobs are what puts it on the web server.

The way to think about this is that it is probably best to consider
each repo that has something to be published as a separate sub-tree on
the site, with one of them (stx-docs) also being the root of the site.
We'll put stx-specs at /specs and do similar with the other things to
publish here.

dt

--

Dean Troyer