[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] Setting up the docs.starlingx.io website

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 16:43:46 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Arce Moreno, Abraham
<abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com> wrote:
> Some of these API modifications fall into one of the existing OpenStack projects [0]
> and modifications are done at the starlingx-staging repo level [1], that was the reason
> we were thinking to host them under stx-docs, based in a previous analysis done [2],
> the latest list is as follows:
>
> Dcmanager API v1
>   - starlingx-staging/stx-distcloud

This will be in the DC repo which is going to be imported into Gerrit
Real Soon Now.

> Extensions to Block Storage REST API
>   - starlingx-staging/stx-python-cinderclient
> Extensions to Compute REST API
>   - starlingx-staging/stx-nova
> Extensions to Image REST API
>   - starlingx-staging/stx-glance
> Extensions to Networking REST API
>   - starlingx-staging/stx-neutron

Yup, I forgot about these.

> Is stx-upstream repository another option to host these OpenStack modified APIs
> leaving stx-docs repository for doc type information?

I like this idea, it keeps -docs clean for only the new code.

> stx-docs being the root of the site and every repo having its own doc/ directory
> so our working teams can take care of the whole documentation process
> including release notes and api-ref if applies, is this a correct assumption?
>
> stx-docs [StarlingX Landing Page]
>  <project>
>    documentation > docs/
>    api-ref > api-ref
>    releasenotes > releasenotes/

That set of references under <project> can all be done as in-document
links, the way redirects are handled makes it a bit clumsy to update.
It shouldn't change frequently but I imagine we'll tweak a bit until
we're happy at the start.

> I will appreciate your help to feedback the patches I need to work on
> based on this email, the documentation projects [docs / releasenotes / api-ref] and our
> StarlingX repos [3] Any modification to the existing Yes / No?

I'll come back to this tomorrow, at a glance it looks like it is on-track.

> Once I have approval I will take 1 day to send all the gerrit reviews.

You might want to get the first couple put together and merged to make
sure everything is sorted out before doing a lot of reviews and having
to go back and update them all when something is different that we
originally thought.

dt

--

Dean Troyer