[Starlingx-discuss] Notes: Build team meeting 9/4/2018

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Tue Sep 4 22:12:31 UTC 2018

Attendees: Hayde, Marce, Erich, Mingyuan, Memo, Mario, Chuy, Scott, Jason, Saul, Cesar

Agenda
Build tools - Presentation of stx command line
Code freeze for October release
opens

Meeting Minutes
Presentation on StarlingX single command
- Presentation was about the steps we are taking to remove the complexity of our build scripts and wrap them around single commands
   as first step on having a repeatable process
- We were also discussing as an extra step to use a single Docker file to do all build steps

https://ethercalc.openstack.org/prvxrp1bpa   - Information for single command

- Comments for the presentation
- We should still have a way to run each script individually for troubleshooting and debugging or in case we need to validate an specific
    step of the build. we may also expose a way to run scripts using parameters to the single command.
- On the Docker file we should find a way to separate the contents of mirror/ and tools/ directories, due that today there is no distinction
   in where those live.
- We may also want to discuss the boundaries on what do we store/execute on containers and what do we do on bare metal.

- Comments in general
- The team will review the documentation posted in the developer guide, just to make sure there are not unnecessary steps listed there.
- We need to find a way on how to work with releases and manifests.

Regards

Cesar Lara
Software Engineering Manager
OpenSource Technology Center