[Starlingx-discuss] FW: PTG upstreaming discussion

Rowsell, Brent Brent.Rowsell at windriver.com
Mon Sep 17 13:44:58 UTC 2018

Forwarding to the ML.

Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: Jolliffe, Ian
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 9:43 AM
To: Rowsell, Brent <Brent.Rowsell at windriver.com>; Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com>; Troyer, Dean <dean.troyer at intel.com>
Cc: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: PTG upstreaming discussion

Hi all;

Just a short note to share what Brent, Saul, Dean and I reviewed on Thursday at the PTG last week.  We went through the upstreaming backlog and the notes below summarize the outcomes.  This does not reflect the outcomes of the direct engagement with the Neutron and Nova teams, that summary will follow.

We added a new tag – maintain, items which we know we will need to maintain.

Horizon: Eddie and Tyler to get together to review what is left out of STX-GUI and what additional refactoring may be required or patches left to upstream

Keystone: Nothing left after March release due to containerization of Openstack

Python-Clients: items need to map to main project server-side disposition.  Additionally, we agreed we should move the clients as close to master as possible, this can be done independently as this provides users backward compatibility.

Heat: most are related to underlying changes and should be mapped to those items as close as possible.  There are a few bug fixes that can be tackled easily.  Step 1 is to mapping out the dependencies so that the bugs can be focused on.

Glance: raw caching can it be replaced by cinder feature.  Removes several Glance patches.  Lisa and Brent to analyze – emails in flight.

Cinder: in good shape, but, there is work left to do.  We need to identify who can focus on these items up so we can retire the repo.

Ceilometer: Many can be retired, we did a scrub in real time.

Nova: 200 – 300 items to be worked on.  We discussed an approach to break down and focus our efforts in Nova.

We identified the following priority areas: (additional discussions were held on Friday, so this may change) 1. Anything to do with Live migration 2. Logging – improvements 3. vTPM – contribute to work in flight 4. Clean-up of PCI/SRIOV items 5. CAT – wait for T release

Operating system:  Reviewed a big chunk of items and discussed and updated in real time.

We made lots of updates to the google-spreadsheet in real time.  [0]

We agreed to meet again next week and again in 4 weeks.

Regards;

Ian

[0] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nKnkweuxcqvVOoRcpnTYMVUUv1RoAugOWXMjB7VIrfc/edit?usp=sharing