[Starlingx-discuss] when and how is squashfs.img used?

Hu, Yong yong.hu at intel.com
Tue Sep 18 04:11:50 UTC 2018

As a part of pxe-network-installer-1.0-27.tis.x86_64.rpm, my understanding is that
Squashfs.img will be mounted by nodes (such as 2nd controller, compute nodes and storage nodes) during the process of PXE boot installation.
However, these questions are in my mind:

  1.  Will be squashfs.img still being used *AFTER installation*?
  2.  Where is squashfs.img mounted? I checked /etc/fstab, and there is no such an item.

Regards,
Yong