[Starlingx-discuss] Notes for weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distro meeting - 9/19

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Sep 19 13:56:27 UTC 2018

Agenda & Notes for 9/19 meeting:

1. CentOS 7.5 upgrade testing status (Shuicheng, Elio, Numan/Nimalini)
- Kernel upgraded: 862.11.6. Fixed the issue during testing cycle. GDC report is 25/25 pass; WindRiver test results no blocking issue so far.
- Sanity on different type of HW (extended sanity); NOVA suites on different HW/configs. Simplex/storage/regular multi-node * different HW drivers mixes on CentOS.
- Only problem is kernel signiture which is build issue (root caused and not caused by 7.5 upgrade).
- will run automation as regular routine testing after merge. about 2 wks cycle, start on 9/22. So we'd better to merge it before 9/22 to catch up the WR test cycle.

2. Decision required: feature branch merge back to master (Ghada, Brent/Dean)
- Bruce: let's discussion in the community call - but we are in a reasonable state.
- Jason: merge earlier and test more on mainline.
- Saul: let's discussion this in community call.

3. Libvirt/qemu upgrade status (Ghada/Jim)
- qemu is not going well, still have functionality issue on newer version. Will not make it for Sep code freeze. Ghada made the decision to push over to 2019.03.
- libvirt and python-libvirt will be in by next Monday/Tuesday.

4. 2018.10 content review (Ghada)
- VM-migration: will be merged by end of this week;
- symbol issue: fixed by revert the binutil back to 2.25 due to upstream known issue.
- SB 2002565: not a bug, status change.

5. Ceph upgrade status (Vivian/Dehao)
- Dehao: successfully build w/ Ceph 13.2.0; 27 new packages added. by pass the dependencies of Python3. move to Cephfs2 and deprecated Cephfs1. New Ceph13.2.0 repo created to replace stx-Ceph 10.2.6.
- 4 PR generated: stx-upstream; stx-tools; stx-root; stx-integ.
- Didn't cherryPick the patches from stx-Ceph 10.2.6
- Ceph patches was not included in the master xls. Brent can help to get a list of patches for Ceph.
- upgrade: migrate the patches over from Ceph 10 to 13. After this is done, then we can ask validation team to do testing against features.

6. non-OpenStack patch analysis status (Saul/Zhipeng)
- Brent & Ian: reviewed OS-distro related patches. Recent patch regarding memcached as the example to move RPM init to services in post-installation. We are making some progress.

7. Opens (Brent, Saul, Ghada)
- None