[Starlingx-discuss] console/ssh login banner revert to default

Michel Thebeau michel.thebeau at windriver.com
Tue Sep 25 17:22:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had noticed and knew why the login banner for
console and ssh had reverted to the default value for centos-release
rpm.  But, from what I can tell we still have the modifications of the
spec file for centos-release package which replace the default with a
more wordy "WARNING WARNING... THIS IS A PRIVATE COMPUTER SYSTEM...
etc".  That is, despite the meta-patches for the spec file, the built
bindary rpm for centos-release package has the default text.

I found that the reversion happened between 2018-09-19 and 2018-09-20,
but I haven't spotted the cause.  Could that be related to CentOS7.5 rebase?

I first noticed yesterday when I checked build 2018-09-23.