[Starlingx-discuss] MInutes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distr meeting, 9/26

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Sep 26 13:33:31 UTC 2018

Agenda & Notes for 9/26 meeting:
- Review the "Team Objective / Priorities" again due to multi-OS sub-project team created (Cindy/Brent/Saul)
team objective and priority page updated

- Libvirt/qemu upgrade status (Ghada/Jim)
no blocking issue, -1 blocked by workflow. 4 pending patches waiting for merge, expected to be in by end of today. Waiting for Dean to merge to stx-staging for the libvirt repo.
qemu will not be in this 2018.10 release.

- non-OpenStack patch analysis status (Saul/Zhipeng)
3 stories created to re-work on the sRPM: 2003768/2003770/2003803
for the patches that we marked "upstreamable", we are still analysing to see what actually can do for upstream.
Need to make progress on multiple front. Saul is still reviewing the patches. Will have a new tech leader joining the team to join the effort.

- Ceph upgrade status (Vivian/Dehao)
scrub all the patches developed on Ceph10. In total, 36 commits in total. only 2 of them don't require rebase.
Lisa dropped email to mailing list and clear about the next step.
No open for rebase for now. Will update the progress after Chinese National Holiday.
Feature branch needs to be created on staging as well. follow the same process as of Libvirt/qemu update.
spec files only on Openstack CI.
test for Ceph upgrade: once Ceph upgrade is done, will handle it to validation team. Ceph configuration needs to be added. WR can help again this time. AR for Cindy to check w/ Ada with the plan of Ceph config lab. Elio: we are working very hard to get this setup.
Question: Elio, what is the difference btw Ceph config vs the controller storage config.

- Opens (all)
bug on CentOS 7.5 upgrade (1794329): patch uploaded: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/605285/
let's review and +2 on this patch and get it merged before code freeze.

- Review the "Team Objective / Priorities" again due to multi-OS sub-project team created (Cindy/Brent/Saul)
- Libvirt/qemu upgrade status (Ghada/Jim)
- non-OpenStack patch analysis status (Saul/Zhipeng)
- Ceph upgrade status (Vivian/Dehao)
- Opens (all)

@ to those who has agenda items on the list, please attend; others, you're welcome to attend. Also welcome to bring any open topics to the agenda.
Thx. - cindy