[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs cannot complete std build

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Wed Sep 26 16:16:43 UTC 2018

aclocal 'too many loops' has been popping up sporadically for a week or
two now.  Possibly 7.5 related.

I suspect that there is a build order and/or race condition element to
this.   It often goes away if you just run build-pkgs a second time.

The second possible element is that build-pkgs is using flags that
preserve the mock environment between packages.  The goal was to avoid
reinstalling required packages that are often common across the packages
we build.   It was a build time speedup that has been in use for 2-3
years now without incident.

Google shows that other folks have hit 'aclocal too many loops' as well,
and there are suggestions that it might be fixed in a recent update to
automake.  Scanning the changelog for the latest and greatest from
gnu.org doesn't show any obvious fixes addressing this issue.

Scott