[Starlingx-discuss] MInutes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distr meeting, 9/26

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Wed Sep 26 16:34:12 UTC 2018

A note/question below...

Ghada

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Troyer [mailto:dtroyer at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:22 PM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: Re: [Starlingx-discuss] MInutes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distr meeting, 9/26

> - Ceph upgrade status (Vivian/Dehao)
> Feature branch needs to be created on staging as well. follow the same process as of Libvirt/qemu update.

This is not technically a feature branch, it is the 'master' branch for the 13.2.0 rebase.  stx/v13.2.0 has been created.  You can create a PR against this branch with your rebased commits.  Let me know when you have done this or if you need help with it.  We will need a similar change to the manifest file as above to enable using the branch.

dt

[[GK]] Based on the discussion this morning, the ceph upgrade is not ready to push to stx/v13.2.0 yet. I don't believe the work is complete and no testing has been done yet. My understanding of the proposal is that the pull request would be done only when the content is ready to be merged/used (or close to it). Is that the recommendation? I realize that it's possible to put the code in the branch at any time and not change the manifest. But, as a general practice, we want to only push changes that are tested.

As a side note, the ceph upgrade is not an stx.2018.10 deliverable.

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com