[Starlingx-discuss] MInutes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distr meeting, 9/26

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 16:48:06 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 11:34 AM, Khalil, Ghada
<Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com> wrote:
> [[GK]] Based on the discussion this morning, the ceph upgrade is not ready to push to stx/v13.2.0 yet. I don't believe the work is complete and no testing has been done yet. My understanding of the proposal is that the pull request would be done only when the content is ready to be merged/used (or close to it). Is that the recommendation? I realize that it's possible to put the code in the branch at any time and not change the manifest. But, as a

> general practice, we want to only push changes that are tested.

I disagree slightly, we only want to _merge_ changes that are tested.
In an ideal world a good bit of the testing happens when pushed to
Github or Gerrit...we will get to that someday.

This is preparing the place to push those changes for testing, and to
share them in a public place.  All of the Ceph upgrade work done so
far has been in a private location.  We should be doing _all_ of this
work in public.  This is exactly one of the reasons we need to create
these branches for rebase work.

> As a side note, the ceph upgrade is not an stx.2018.10 deliverable.

This makes no changes to the existing branch and should not impact
anything in the release cycle.

dt

--

Dean Troyer