[Starlingx-discuss] May have to consider an lshell replacement

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 19:07:08 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:45 PM, Jones, Bruce E
<bruce.e.jones at intel.com> wrote:
> What alternatives do we have for this functionality?

Alternatives in increasing levels of commitment to lshell:
* replace it
* fork the project and fix the CVEs and continue
* adopt the project and take over maintenance as a stand0-alone
project should the existing maintainer be interested in doing so[0]

I am specifically not listing 'do nothing' as active CVEs must be addressed...

dt

[0] OpenStack has done this on occasion when a dependency goes dormant
and the maintainer has no interest in continuing and the cost of
converting outweighs the perceived cost of maintenance and ownership.

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com