[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs cannot complete std build

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Thu Sep 27 19:53:14 UTC 2018

Our latest build, based on code synced at 2018-09-27T15:28:00  UTC,
built successfully.

It took three attempts to get ceph built.  The first two passes aborted
quickly due to missing packages.  The final pass did not exhibit the
'aclocal: too many loops'**issue.

The only build I have that exhibited the too many loops error was a
snapshot on 2018-09-20T15:50:40 UTC

I do have a designer with an older snapshot that seems to hit it
regularly, so I'll work with him and see if we can learn more.

I think we need more data from the community
- Who's build is failing on ceph with *aclocal: too many loops?*
- Who is building successfully ?
- Who can build only intermittently?

Info to collect for failed builds:
- build command used?
- Was it a new workspace, a cleaned workspace, or a previously used
workspace?
- $MY_WORKSPACE/build-std.log
- $MY_WORKSPACE/std/results/*/ceph-*/*.log

For successful builds, same info. Rather than full build logs, I can
settle for:
- grep '\(Success building\|iteration\|building ceph\)'
$MY_WORKSPACE/build-std.log
- grep compute_resources: build-std.log