[Starlingx-discuss] [multios][meetings] Multi-OS Team meeting minutes 4/1/2019

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Wed Apr 3 23:34:08 UTC 2019

Multi-OS team meeting
Agenda 4/1/2019
 Ubuntu PoC update
 -Docker
 -patches for STX in Ubuntu
 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/647619 /
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/647616/

Tools for ISO creation

STX in a box update

Notes
Ubuntu PoC update: Docker image containing all the tools and scripts to create a development machine has been created to facilitate contributors to test drive the build for Debian based StarlingX.
Two patches were created for fm-api and fm-rest-api, add to setup.py to facilitate the creation of deb packages for the STX-Fault service
This phase of the PoC based in the build tools is about to be completed, next phase will be focused on emulating the base platform for StarlingX, taking the modified Ubuntu image start integrating a K8 cluster and build an OpenStack instance on top of that. This work is going to be planned and steps will be reflected in storyboards.

Tools for ISO creation  the set of tools to be used as part of the PoC are being picked based on the tools widely adopted by  the Ubuntu community, we now have  a defined set of tools and that's why we can mark the 1st phase of this Ubuntu PoC completed.

STX in a box update We are trying to automate the flow of an QCOW image as part of the CVE scan for StarlingX, this will be implemented as well as part of the stx-in-a-box effort since to run this scan we require a fully installed, contained instance of StarlingX. Stx-in-a-box then will be based on this effort and we are just working on the final automation steps around this since our current scripts are user interactive and require input from a user to have a fully deployed instance.

Regards

Cesar Lara
Software Engineering Manager
OpenSource Technology Center