[Starlingx-discuss] stx-nova repo changes for upstream tracking

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 13:11:41 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 3:35 PM Chris Friesen
<chris.friesen at windriver.com> wrote:
> I like the idea of rebasing periodically to keep our changes "on top".
>
> Rather than force-pushing, it might make sense to create a new branch
> for each of these rebases.  That way we don't need to rewrite history.

We could do that, it would mean updating manifest files or whatever
else points to the right branch each time and be one more thing to
track for debugging.  I had considered renaming the prior stx/stein
branch and creating a new one, the effect is the same as a force push
but it preserves that bit of history.

I don't have much invested in either option, but I lean toward always
building from stx/stein.  Opinions from those who this would affect
more directly?

dt

--
Dean Troyer