[Starlingx-discuss] Public sandbox?

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 13:55:53 UTC 2019

Hi All,

One of the ideas that came up in community discussion (not the only idea,
just one and we can do multiple) for using the packet.com infrastructure
was a public sandbox. I think this is a good idea. However, what does that
actually mean? It could be a lot of things.

My first thought is that it is a publicly accessible AIO Simplex node that
people can easily access and get a feel for what STX actually is, and that
is completely reset every X hours. But that's just me so I wanted to check
with the community and see what other thoughts are out there.

There are a few ways we could do this as well:

1. A single virtualized instance that is reset every X hours
2. A single baremetal instance that is reset every X hours
3.  Multiple virtualized instances with some kind of reservation system
4.  Other???

#1 would be easiest as that looks a lot like what we are doing for the
workshop.

But again, that's just my initial thoughts. Open to
ideas/comments/criticisms. :)

Thanks,
Curtis