[Starlingx-discuss] Does rabbitmq listener work in NFV module

Liu, ZhipengS zhipengs.liu at intel.com
Thu Apr 18 09:17:21 UTC 2019

Hi Bart,

Thanks!  It exactly works in nfv.

I still have a question about Rabbitmq access.

Currently, I’m working on pci-interrupt-affinity service which will run on every worker node.
It need to listen to rabbitmq to get notifications from nova
Before containerized version, I can use configurations in /etc/sysinv/sysinv.conf to get connect to rabbitmq.
Now, if I use below configuration, it can work.
/opt/platform/puppet/19.01/hieradata/system.yaml
nfv::nfvi::platform_username: admin
nfv::nfvi::rabbit_host: rabbitmq.openstack.svc.cluster.local
nfv::nfvi::rabbit_password: 28a5834cf803Ti0*
nfv::nfvi::rabbit_port: 5672
nfv::nfvi::rabbit_userid: nova-rabbitmq-user
nfv::nfvi::rabbit_virtual_host: nova

Then, I tried to add below code to get above configuration. But it didn’t work.
“Utils.is_openstack_installed” this check failed! And also cannot get “helm_data”

Who can help?  Any comment or proposal on it?
BTW, can I get these configuration from
/opt/platform/puppet/19.01/hieradata/system.yaml directly? Is it reasonable?

from sysinv.helm import helm
from sysinv.common import utils
from sysinv.db import api as db_api

dbapi = db_api.get_instance()
if dbapi and utils.is_openstack_installed(dbapi):
    helm_data = helm.HelmOperatorData(dbapi)
    nova_oslo_messaging_data = helm_data.get_nova_oslo_messaging_data()
    rabbit_cfg['rabbit_host'] = nova_oslo_messaging_data['host']
    rabbit_cfg['rabbit_userid'] = nova_oslo_messaging_data['username']
    rabbit_cfg['rabbit_password'] = nova_oslo_messaging_data['password']
rabbit_cfg['rabbit_virtual_host'] = nova_oslo_messaging_data['virt_host']

Thanks!
Zhipeng