[Starlingx-discuss] More OpenDev updates

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:52:37 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 9:08 AM MacDonald, Eric
<Eric.MacDonald at windriver.com> wrote:
> I ran your script but it didn't seem to do anything to my repo.

I am not sure what you started with in your remote, it got the name
change but not the path, the only form that I thought did not require
a namespace was git.starlingx.io/stx-XXX, did you have something else
to start with?

It is not going to work well at that level in the build tree. IIRC
that only updates the stx-root remotes.  The script is meant to be run
in _each_ repo, it makes no assumptions about anything around it, only
changing the remotes in the 'current' git repo, ie what you will see
by typing 'git remote -v'.

> It would be helpful if you circulated an email that specifically listed the operations that users need to execute that will allow us to bridge the namespace change in our local repos or to specifically recommend that we create new local repos with the namespace change.

I am not making any specific recommendations on how to deal with the
build environment workspace as I am not intimately familiar with it
nor the assumptions built in to those scripts.  That is why it does
not (nor did the manifest change) attempt to rename any directories.

dt

--
Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com