[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX / Infra teams sync-up at PTG

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Apr 24 15:50:06 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019, at 4:55 PM, Saul Wold wrote:

> Infra Team,
>
> The StarlingX Project would like to request a 30-60 minute sync up to
> talk about some of the challenges that StarlingX faces with regards to
> build and test infrastructure.
>
> As StarlingX is an integration project that creates a Linux Distribution
> with a Cloud infrastructure on top of it, this makes it more challenging
> to both build and test. The current OpenStack Foundation infrastructure
> is good as building and testing projects such as Nova, Neutron, ... It
> could be used to build and test the individual components of the
> StarlingX Flock, such as Fault and others. It's not well suited to build
> the complete StarlingX ISO and test that ISO.
>
> We want to explore what the existing resources that are available and
> understand how and what we can add to the infrastructure to enable the
> build and testing that StarlingX will require.
>
> We hope that we can find an hour timeslot during the PTG that we can
> talk further about this with both teams.  Our timeslots overlap Thrusday
> afternoon and Friday so we could put it on our adgendas.
>
> Please let us know if you have available time slots.

I'm thinking the best day for us is Friday (we'll want to dig into our team specific items on Thursday). Does Just after the lunch break on Friday (say 1:30pm) in the Infra/QA room work? If so we'll see you there. I'll go ahead and add you to our etherpad [0] as I'm editing that today too.

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/2019-denver-ptg-infra-planning

Clark