[Starlingx-discuss] Openstackclient will move to a container

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 18:42:08 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 12:59 PM Dinescu, Stefan
<Stefan.Dinescu at windriver.com> wrote:
> As part of storyboard [0], openstackclients will move from a baremetal installation to being run inside a container.

Perhaps my understanding of the k8s architecture is lacking but I
really do not understand exactly why you would want to put a CLI into
a container to be called from outside the container.

OSC is already slow enough on startup, adding the overhead of a docker
exec (how I am imagining you will actually use it) just makes that
even worse.

dt

--
Dean Troyer