[Starlingx-discuss] Openstackclient will move to a container

Rowsell, Brent Brent.Rowsell at windriver.com
Thu Apr 25 13:41:50 UTC 2019

Dean,

The openstack services are containerized and are decoupled from the host platform.
Each time we move to a new openstack I do not think we want to put a dependency on the host platform to upgrade the OSC package and any dependencies, hence the container for local client access.
Note this is a static container managed by k8s, not dynamically created on each OSC invocation.

Brent