[Starlingx-discuss] Multi OS meeting notes Aug 5

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 14:30:24 UTC 2019

Multi-OS team meeting
This meeting will be rescheduled for next week due to Canada Holliday and
Marcela on vacations
The topics for next week meeting will be

   - Opens:

   - Talk about: Proposal for new StarlingX repo - stx-zuul-jobs from Saul

   - Review with Marcela the need of branch for systemd/ multi os changes

   - Presentation from Yocto team about what they are doing and where they
   are. They are right now on the job of porting ~300 packages.

   - Open Suse Next steps

   - Top important next steps in order (some could be in parallel, like
   learning more about the flock services to develop testing):

   - Have all dependencies and configuration needed for each service in its
   spec file ( clean )

   - Standardize all the services to systemd ( Do not have tarballs on OBS,
   it's better to use a git branch for the patches. Use _service.)

   - Build the OpenSUSE kernel with functional patches for STX patches.

   - Make the Kernel install installed automatically

   - Removed hardwired libraries versions from spec files

   - Keep learning about the services and develop per service test cases
   (white box testing)

   - Do automatic testing

   - Do security rules

   - Automatic image generation (using kiwi for example)

   - Topics we talk today during the short (but effective) meeting:

   - We would like to start sharing more the work we both teams are doing
   to help each other more. The Yocto team is doing some discovering on the
   need of an update to latest versions packages ( like haproxy) and the Open
   Suse team might already have an analysis for this problem before starting
   the straightforward porting. Maybe the Yocto team is head on the
   installation problems with systemd and can together we can make things go
   faster.

   - Victor would like to see more patches on the mailing list. ( git
   send-mail ) so we can have proper discussions on the mailing list.

   - Victor will put on the wiki the link to the spreadsheet of patches
   analysis made by Intel team months ago

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-multios