[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes 8/8 and 8/15

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Fri Aug 16 19:22:05 UTC 2019

8/15/2019:
==========
TSC spent half the meeting working through specs in for review.
Election date? (ildikov)
Combined election (TSC, PL, TL)
3 week interval - (PL/TL 2 weeks)
Oct 28 - week of election - proposed and accepted
Start nominations Oct 7th - TSC
Nomination and voting - start process Oct 14th - PL/TL
Approved

Shanghai prep (ildikov)
PTG - asked for
1 room 1.25 - 1.5 days
Technical discussion + onboarding for new contributors/users
Preparation etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-StarlingX-PTG
We will find out shortly on how much time will be allocated.

Forum
Submission period September 2 - 16
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum
Preparation etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-StarlingX-brainstorming
Project update session
Yes or No? Yes -
15 min or 40 min? 40 min

8/8 Meeting:
===========
Standing topics
New R3 feature candidates
Kata containers
This was previously flagged as an R4 candidate. Request to add it to R3?
	- discussed that R3 is a short release - maybe look at this in the context of prep
Package Versioning Spec - needs reviews

Follow up to Project Maturity discussion last week
Key takeaways and next steps we want to take
1) To attract more developers
2) To attract more users
	users around the globe - who from which regions
	reviews diversity - recruiting more reviewers +1's and path to core reviewer
	Maybe the TSC can reach out to the First contact SIG
	Review governance - top down vs bottom up - spread out responsibilities and decision making
	encourage broad participation
	Board update presentation mentioned below - Shanghai ?
		There may be a board meeting over the phone prior to Shanghai
		we can start to prep now - more detailed than prior updates.
Delayed to next TSC meeting
Prefer one election for all positions
Need a plan date by end of Month