[Starlingx-discuss] Opinion wanted on STX 2.0 kernel memory leak bug 1836638

Jim Somerville jim.somerville at windriver.com
Thu Aug 22 20:58:43 UTC 2019

Hi Folks,

I have identified 3 kernel patches to fix the observed memory leak in
the RT kernel.  Namely listed here in comment 53:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1836638/comments/53

While the leak is only really seen in RT, the fixes are not RT specific.
  The RT kernel has ferreted out many linux bugs in the past mainly due
to its different scheduling points, and running irq handlers as kernel
threads, causing things to run in a different order from std.

So should these patches be applied to both of our kernels, even though
we only see the leaking on RT?  I would say yes, but don't want to waste
my, and possibly Yi's, time if approvers disagree.

Thanks,

-Jim