[Starlingx-discuss] Support single huge page size for openstack worker node

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:05:52 UTC 2019

Hi Tao

Thanks for sharing the information

Cristopher, I was wondering if this change with huge pages of 1 GB
affected the testing environment. Last time you, Erich and myself were
debugging the lack of memory during sanity and was mainly because of
huge pages reservations

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM Liu, Tao <Tao.Liu at windriver.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> The change that removes  auto-provision of huge pages has been merged into the master branch.
>

> A new provisioning step is required prior to unlocking an AIO controller or a  worker node, if vswitch_type is set to OVS-DPDK.
>

> Configure vSwitch memory per NUMA node:
>
> system host-memory-modify -f <function>  -1G <1G hugepages number> <hostname or id> <processor>
>
> i.e. system host-memory-modify -f vswitch -1G 1  compute-0 0

Thanks, this enables the users to choose accordingly to their needs
and performance requirements

> If you plan to create VMs using the huge pages, you would need to configure VM huge pages as well.
>

> Please make any necessary documentation changes.

I will encourage that important code changes like this came with the
same patch to documentation

Regards

Victor R.