[Starlingx-discuss] repo restructuring

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Fri Aug 30 20:09:45 UTC 2019

The layered build feature is getting ready for its initial required
changes [1] [2].

The first phase is a restructuring of the StarlingX git repos to enable
layered builds in the next phase.  In light of new package additions in
the last few weeks, there has been a few modifications and additions to
the spreadsheet [3] documenting all the intended moves.  Edits are in
blue text.  The intent is that all package relocations will be history
preserving.

We plan to implement the git restructuring on the week of September 3-6.

My initial ask of the StarlingX community is that we *temporarily freeze
the addition of any new packages* while we make a final test run.  This
means that any updates that touch a centos_pkgs_dir file should not
receive a WF+1 until the relocation is complete.  After the relocation,
you may need to re-issue your code review.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Scott Little

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/672288/

[2] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006166