[Starlingx-discuss] How is Barbican being used in StarlingX?

Yong Hu yong.hu at intel.com
Wed Dec 4 03:33:45 UTC 2019

Hi folks,
I am working on a LP and might like to use "barbican-keystone-listener"
to monitor a keystone event.

 From "sm-dump", we are seeing "barbican-api",
"barbican-keystone-listener" and "barbican-worker" are "enabled-active",
but I have a few questions about how Barbican (on host) is being used in
StarlingX:
1. what secrets are stored in Barbican currently? btw: I got nothing by
running "openstack secret list" or "barbican secret list". As well,
"admin" and its password are stored in Keyring, not in Barbican.
2. Does "barbican-keystone-listener" actually work with keystone in
StarlingX? I enabled "debug" flag in /etc/barbican/barbican.conf, but
when I was triggering events with keystone, it seemed there was no
notifications captured by "barbican-keystone-listener".
3. there is a "barbican" user/identify (with initial password) managed
by keystone, but I wonder what we used this "barbican" for StarlingX.

thanks in advance!

-Yong