[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Dec 11, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Dec 11 16:43:26 UTC 2019

>From today's meeting...

Standing Topics

 - Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
     - GPU device plug in for stx.3.0
         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691699/ got only 1 of +2 --- desired but not critical for 3.0 -- can potentially go in stx.3.0 for a maintenance release
         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/696241/ document --- it's doc, so can go in master
     - Call for review on patches:
         - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/696035/1 --- changed priority to High so it'll get cherry-picked
         - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/688320/3 --- change to High as well
         - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692276/  --- not critical for today, but should be cherry-picked once it's merged (to 3.0 and 2.0)
     - For CVE Fix https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-nova/pull/27 --- this will be in the 2.0 mtc release (not applicable to 3.0)
     - CentOS-8 reviews - sgw --- just a PSA to keep reviewing

 - Sanity: any RED since last week?
     -  none

 - Unanswered Requests for Help on Mailing List
     - Tx Timestamp issue (Philip Wang): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-December/007173.html
         - Bill to ask Alex Kozyrev to weigh in on this
     - Management Subnet Pool (Parker Yan): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-December/007176.html
         - Austin responded
     - Baremetal Installation Error (Teshan Senaratne): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-December/007190.html
         - Yong will ask the storage team to look into this
     - SDA & NVME (Erich): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-December/007192.html
         - Yong will ask the storage guys about this too
     - Configuring Openstack SSL Certificates (Austin Gillmann): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-December/007212.html
         - Yong will look into this

This Week's Topics

 - stx.3.0 Status
     - Test Status
         - Sanity is green on r/stx.3.0 loads
         - Regression: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X085xI96M6PIeum87w6IEF11G-TG-W1OeGuAJWnrAWI/edit#gid=1717644237
              - at 95%
     - Bugs
         - Total: 35
         - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.3.0
         - Critical/High: 14
             - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.importance%3Alist=CRITICAL&field.importance%3Alist=HIGH&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=stx.3.0+&field.tags_combinator=ANY&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on
         - These will be left as gating to be resolved in an upcoming maintenance release
         - Medium: 21
              - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.importance%3Alist=MEDIUM&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=stx.3.0&field.tags_combinator=ANY&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on&search=Search
         - Request each PL to review and decide if any should be changed to High priority so that they are cherrypicked in a subsequent maintenance release
             - AR: PLs Target Finishing this scrub by the next community call - Dec 18
         - After Dec 18, Ghada will update the Medium priority bugs as follows:
             - Medium >= 100 days that are not reproduced recently will be marked as Low priority / no target release
             - Medium < 100 days will be moved to stx.4.0
         - Candidate Final Compile planned for today
             - Commits to wait for before requesting branch freeze for tagging and build:
                 - https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bug/1855915+(status:open+OR+status:merged)    >> in master and needs to be cherrypicked
             - Will trigger a build once the above commits are merged in r/stx.3.0, including a docker image build

 - Release 2.0.2 bug status: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.2.0 --- for next week

 - User Docs Process
     - goal is to make the process of contribution as easy as possible for the developers
     - contribute the way that works for you - email, review, whatever
     - they'll sort out where the documentation goes, regardless of how it's provided
     - Ildiko commented that this isn't scalable
     - we agreed that we'll refine as we go to make things more scalable
     - Kristal concurred with Ildiko about making this part of the development process

 - IRC
     - why aren't we using it much?
     - meetbot?
     - Slack users guide to IRC clients?
     - depends on which client you use - Ildiko uses IRC Cloud

 - CENGN hosted and/or built QCOW images?
     - ran out of time, we'll discuss this offline