[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes of 12/5 TSC meeting

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu Dec 12 14:59:23 UTC 2019

Hi all;

Here are a few notes from the TSC meeting last week:

Project confirmation - next steps - move to a standing topic
	Test in the open - raise visibility at community call
	Unit, Functional, ...
	Increase coverage and culture of unit test delivery with code
	Make it required - update for new code
	bug fixes - need a unit test as well -
	Leverage Pytest framework more and do more in the open with virtual environments vs bare metal

Community involvement  - capture where we are and where we want to go
	Contributor diversity
	User growth and adoption - gather some stat bitergia - to see where we are at - Ian to gather some data
	Leverage WeChat readout from China community
		Summary going out weekly to ML
	Documentation improvements, contributor guides, development process - increase visibility to help user and dev adoption

Project mission/vision
	Just a check point to ensure we are all still aligned
	https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-mission-statement

StarlingX listed as supporting community for 5th ETSI NFV Plugtest (ildikov)
	https://www.etsi.org/events/1550-nfv-plugtests-4
	https://www.etsi.org/technologies/nfv/nfv-plugtests-programme
	NFV and Edge - can we get community members to attend/participate
	Can we contribute to the test suite as well?
	Are there community members planning to attend this event?

Regards;

Ian