[Starlingx-discuss] [Test] Proposal for Test Repository
Perez Carranza, Jose
jose.perez.carranza at intel.com
Mon Feb 4 17:27:54 UTC 2019
As discussed on weekly test meeting we decide to consolidate in only one repo all the test for StarlingX. The main Idea is to have a common place to contribute with different test cases. Here is a draft document where you can add your comments and we can discuss on 02/05 Test Meeting to have an official repo structure.
From: Liu, Yang [mailto:yang.liu at windriver.com]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2019 8:11 AM
To: Perez Carranza, Jose <jose.perez.carranza at intel.com>; Waheed, Numan <Numan.Waheed at windriver.com>; starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io; Cabrales, Ada <ada.cabrales at intel.com>
Subject: RE: [Test] Proposal for Test Repository
I think 3 separate repos will be easier from maintenance and usage perspective.
- Manual/robot/pytest have very different installation/usage/contribution requirements, it would be much easier to maintain them with standard repo structure, i.e., package requirements and README in root directory of a repo.
- User won't be forced to download everything if they are only interested in contributing to one of them.
- Easier to separate code reviews.
From: Perez Carranza, Jose [mailto:jose.perez.carranza at intel.com]
Sent: January-28-19 8:50 AM
To: Waheed, Numan; starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io<mailto:starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>; Cabrales, Ada
Subject: Re: [Starlingx-discuss] [Test] Proposal for Test Repository
Some comments inline
From: Waheed, Numan [mailto:Numan.Waheed at windriver.com]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2019 3:18 PM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io<mailto:starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>; Cabrales, Ada <ada.cabrales at intel.com<mailto:ada.cabrales at intel.com>>
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] [Test] Proposal for Test Repository
Hi Ada and Christopher,
After investigating existing openstack test projects, I think we should have:
* separate repo for test cases that are independent from each other. Since they require different instructions for almost everything (install, usage, rules, etc.)
* one repo for one auto project. Subrepos are not recommended due to complicity involved in updating common libraries(keywords, fixtures, etc.) and their usages(test cases).
I think having 3 different repositories can become hard to maintain, also could be confusing for people who is contributing to the project.
Maybe we can consolidate all in one repo divided by directories , below an example:
Thus I suggest 3 different repositories:
- repo for manual test cases
- Is this section going to have actual scripts or just Test Specifications (preconditions, steps and expected result) in a plain text?
- repo for robot test cases
- repo for pytest test cases
Inside automated test repository, I would suggest the following structure:
tox.ini # pep8, py27, etc
requirements.txt # project package requirements
consts/... # directory for various constants modules
keywords/... # directory for helper modules
testfixtures/ # directory for commonly used test fixtures modules
testcases/cli/mtc/... # directory for mtc test cases that is mainly using cli
testcases/rest/... # directory for restAPI test cases
testcases/horizon/... # directory for horizon test cases
testcases/system_test/... # directory for complex system test scenarios
Agree with this structure inside of the automated test suites.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss