[Starlingx-discuss] Contribution to the project.

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Wed Feb 6 00:01:46 UTC 2019

> Hi Abraham,

Hi again Javier ☺ welcome to Documentation team!

> Thanks for your attentiion and I can help on the documentation team if you
> need help there.

Here you have our Documentation Tree roadmap [0], please feel free to take a look.
Based in the resources you have available and the priority of tasks, my suggestion for your short term and medium term tasks would be:

1. Go through " Developer’s Guide" to get your workstation setup [1]
2. Feedback new "Installation Guides" [Short Term]
     1.1 See section "Installing and Configuring StarlingX with Containers" under [2]
3. SWIFT Configuration & Management [Medium Term]
     3.1 Once you have exercised the installation and configuration, it is time to generate your first introductory guide for SWIFT, taking advantage of your experience.

"Two" is being actively review now by our community and it will be translated from the Wiki format to the RST format to land under stx-docs [3]
Please let this list know about improvements, findings, whatever you consider important, you will learn how to deploy StarlingX. When we have that new RST format, we will add you as reviewer (with Ubuntu Account obtained at [1]).

"Three" We can have more details once you feel comfortable with tasks "one" and "two" on what the community is looking for, anyway, please take into consideration this is a great opportunity for you exercise the complete development cycle, from creating a first draft of a guide, through submitting your first patchset and finally, seeing it approved :)

> Have a good day!

You too!

[0] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kvXEZl4XwNgHTYXPIcoZfKE4LBNcif4sBJdZCNSvBGw/edit?usp=sharing
[1] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html