[Starlingx-discuss] ONAP OOM similarities

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:04:07 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Like many of us, I'm on a few open source lists. One of those lists is for
the ONAP project. From a high level, I see some similarities with their OOM
(ONAP Operations Manager) project and some of the things StarlingX does.
Might be worthwhile having a look at what they are doing and thinking about
there. (Not to say what they have decided on is right for everyone, or
StarlingX, but considering their thought process and understanding issues
they have run into could be valuable.)

Perhaps some similar work to multi-os (their CIA project I believe):

* Meeting notes: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/CIA+Meeting+Notes
* Initiating email: https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-discuss/message/11800

Issues with managing container image versions and integration:

* https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-discuss/message/15388
*
https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-discuss/attachment/15388/0/oom_version_tests.pdf

Those are just some examples; likely others as well, multi-CPU images etc.
At any rate, something to think about! :)

Thanks,
Curtis