[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC]MInutes - February 7, 2019

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Mon Feb 11 14:52:40 UTC 2019

Hi all;

TSC attendees: Brent, Curtis, Dean, Ian, Miguel, Saul

First Contact SIG/Group (ildikov)

  *   Came up on the community planning call to explore the idea of creating a group to help new comers to participate in the community
  *   Group in OpenStack: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/First_Contact_SIG
  *   Focus is helping new contributors
  *   Coordinate office hours, other ways to help new users, developers encourage community norms on boarding new developers and potentially new orgs help dev's in different time zones
  *   and people who don't work full time on stx and can't attend meetings as they are usually during NA working hours.
  *   The SIG developed doc's to help getting started in the community
  *   Do we want a similar group within STX community? It could be a way to move forward ideas from F2F.
Curtis - need for a structured group, don't need to adopt carte blanche, how helpful is office hours?
Liason list might help
Table for today - what items are important to the project - get feedback from ML - Bruce put on community call agenda for next week.

Community planning call to happen every other week.

  *   May want to change the name of the call, bit confusing to have a "community" call and a "community planning" call, which is really open source biz dev-type stuff

Pharos labs - testing opportunity (Ian)

  *   tie in with OPNFV test suites – Functest, storperf, Dovetail, Yardstick (which also pull in Rally from OpenStack)
  *   One Pharos lab is running StarlingX release 1 – very cool
     *   can we leverage these resources
  *   Tie in with Ci/CD pipelines
  *   Miguel - talked to OPNFV QA project leader - will work to connect dots

STX policies (Curtis)

  *   Some discussion of security policy in community meeting around making policy immutable by storing text in images...should come to some kind of governance conclusion on how to store policies, and whether or not immutability is even an issue. Of course enforcing polices is another gray area... :)
  *   once one is written - where does it live and how does it evolve.  Immutablity - that change happens but it is reviewed and can be reverted as required stx/gov and stx/specs are places for those reviews, some could go into docs if required
  *   gerrit review process works for policy management/updates
  *   TSC should approve policy - and changes - what is the threshold for change approval we want
  *   we need think what the threshold should be based on some examples ( simple majority vs super majority )
  *   Do we need a policy repo?
  *   Close on path forward at Feb 14th meeting.

Regards;

Ian