[Starlingx-discuss] [Container] Is 'nova boot' command still supported?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:31:05 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM Alonso, Juan Carlos
<juan.carlos.alonso at intel.com> wrote:
> Openstack commands work correctly but nova, glance, cinder are asking for user name, user id, project name, tenant id, etc.. I think some this parameters are defined on /etc/openstack/clouds.yaml, right?

> Does clouds.yaml need extra parameters?

A modern python-novaclient (and friends) has support for clouds.yaml,
the pike versions currently in the build do not.  Aside from Python
dependency issues you can use modern CLIs against old API servers.
(Also excepting any WRS changes to the clients, there are a few.)

> That’s why also I am asking if nova, glance, cinder, etc commands won’t be supported? In order to update to openstack command.

Are there things you need to use the old clients for that OSC does not support?

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com