[Starlingx-discuss] Notes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distro meeting, 2/13

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Feb 13 14:31:54 UTC 2019

Agenda & Notes for 2/13 meeting:
    1. CentOS 7.6 upgrade, test status (Shuicheng, Ada/Numan)
    2 bugs reported, and 2 fixes merged into f/centOS7.6;
    Branch rebase from master to feature branch. New test images built from f/CentOS7.6 has been provided.
    One more test failure reported from GDC:
        >>> 1 Test Case Failed Reject changing interface MTU size to values smaller than MTU of provider network / The system accepts MTU values smaller than MTU of provider network. Details to be clarified w/ test reproduce steps; and we need to check if the same issue can be seen in the latest master.
        Numan is taking day off today. They already have one image today and should be able to re-start the testing, #1814360 has been resolved which were block the WR testing.
        stx-upstream has several conficts btw f/Stein and f/CentOS76: 6 packages in stx-upstream being upgraded. 4 of them were not changed in Stein branch; 2 of them were changed from Pike to Stein.  Python-heatclient and Python-openStack-Client. The proposed solution is to take the components from f/Stein (and it will land into Master earlier than Cent7.6).
        Still plan to have feature branch merged into Master on Feb 22nd, with risk on test results.

    2. Ceph upgrade status (Frank, Changcheng)
    Ovidiu successed built the ISO and installed the storage nodes not yet provision the OSD yet. Daniel is debugging the OSD issue by reviewing the patches. Ovidiu went through all commit and have high level view for what needs to be chagned. Will summarize that for Changcheng and will meet w/ Changcheng, Vivian and Yong for the recommendations for the next steps. Suggestion to split the work btw the two teams.
    Yong: may have some hints regarding the issues of create OSD. Will work w/ Ovidiu offline to share the workaround.
    Rough plan: good idea for the remaining tasks, will provide ETA after the meeting.

    3. Bug triage (Cindy)
    #1814595: to be assigned
    #1814360  patch merged to f/CentOS76
    #1814345 assigned to Haitao