[Starlingx-discuss] [Containers] Package Requirements on the bare-metal controller-0

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 14 17:50:33 UTC 2019

Folks,

I was doing some experimentation with an un-patched CentOS and running
config_controller. One of the main issues I found is that doing the
initial installation and execution discovered many un-resolved runtime
requirements.

I will start sending some pull requests to fault, metal, and config with
more detailed "Requires:" statements.

Another item is that since that we are rebuilding openstack-keystone
among other openstack related packages with additional configuration and
scripts, which are needed for controller-0. In the stx-integ (base OS)
case, we re-factored many of the packages to remove configuration and
additional scripts to a separate package, I would like to see something
similar here for packages are are needed for controller-0 (ie the things
we are not installing from PyPi directly).

What I saw is that we include the CentOS-Openstack RPM repo along with,
of course, our StarlingX RPM repo. Why can't we use the CentOS-Openstack
packages directly along with some StarlingX specific additions in a
seperate package, rather than creating a new package with both upstream
and StarlingX content.

Thoughts,

Sau!