[Starlingx-discuss] plan to remove IMA redundant kernel patch

Chen, Haochuan Z haochuan.z.chen at intel.com
Mon Feb 18 02:07:04 UTC 2019

Hi

I study this patch cgcs-root/stx/stx-integ/kernel/kernel-std/centos/patches/US101216-IMA-support-in-Titanium-kernel.patch

My assumption is that for integrity function code in kernel 3.10 is tool old, it introduces kernel module cgcs-root/stx/stx-integ/kernel/kernel-modules/integrity

So for CentOS 8 upgrade, as integrity in later kernel is already upgrade, what about remove this package
cgcs-root/stx/stx-integ/kernel/kernel-modules/integrity

And enable integrity config in cgcs-root/stx/stx-integ/kernel/kernel-std/centos/patches/kernel-3.10.0-x86_64.config.tis_extra
For ima.conf, we could move to cgcs-root/stx/stx-integ/config-files.

By this way, we could remove several redundant patches for IMA and easy for maintenance.

Wait for your opinion

Thanks!

Martin, Chen
SSP, Software Engineer