[Starlingx-discuss] Python Based VBox Installer

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Feb 25 18:25:31 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-25 18:10:38 +0000 (+0000), Penney, Don wrote:
[...]
> I read the "procedural -2", as well, but it didn't seem applicable
> here. This section seems to describe a "code freeze", which is not
> the case here.
>
> The description of a "workflow -1" seems to align more with what
> it sounds like the intent of the -2s were.
> https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/review-the-openstack-way.html#workflow-1

The description of a procedural -2 there fails to convey that
they're used for a lot more in OpenStack besides just deferring
changes until after a code freeze. They tend to get used for any
sort of "not now" deferrals which the core reviewers want to remain
"sticky" in the face of new patch uploads on the same change. For
example, they're commonly applied to block approval of changes are
associated with a spec which has been postponed to a subsequent
development cycle.

Workflow -1 does certainly have some similar connotations, but is
more ephemeral and also (primarily) used to simply indicate that a
change is a work in progress and so the current patch in it is not
yet ready to be reviewed. It gets cleared when a new patch is pushed
for the change, since the most common case is that the author
expects the next patch to be ready for review. Workflow -1 is also
capable of being applied by the change author, whereas a Code-Review
-2 can only be applied by a core reviewer on the project.
--
Jeremy Stanley