[Starlingx-discuss] Blog post ideas

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:00:51 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 7:55 AM Ildiko Vancsa <ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As a follow-up from last week’s community marketing planning call I would
> like to draw your attention to the StarlingX blog[1].
>
> We would like to make sure that we have new content frequently to
> highlight news, roadmap items, new features and any further topics the
> community finds valuable to share.
>
> On the last call we came up with the following ideas:
>
>  * Hands-on workshop[2] “advertisement” for the Denver Summit

I can take this or work with people to write this.

>  * Packet PoC/testing activity - blog post series?

Same with this one.

>  * StarlingX in OPNFV Pharos labs (Ildikó to drive)

 * Highlighting Kubernetes part of StarlingX and the roadmap for
> containerization as well as container support

I think this was mentioned on a community call and that someone would be
working on this, not sure who it was, but I believe this is a really
important topic to "get out there."

 * Getting started with StarlingX - (Jeff to coordinate)
>    * Community participation
>    * How to deploy and use StarlingX
>      * Simplex and duplex model details

I also believe the simplex and duplex modes are extremely important to let
people know about. While people on the project are familiar with these
modes, from my experience I feel that most outside of the project don't
know about these smaller deployment models, which are quite unique to
StarlingX and are thus a considerable differentiator.
Thanks,
Curtis

>  * Use cases? - (Jeff to coordinate)
>    * Highlight StarlingX in context around use cases (industrial, telco,
> etc.)
>      * How to use the platform
>      * What benefits it gives
>
> As you can see we have drivers for a few ideas, but also need volunteers
> to cover the rest of topics as well as adding new ones to the list.
>
> If you would like to write up an article but you need help with polishing
> the text please feel free to reach out to me, I’m happy to help. This
> should not hold you back!
>
> We can use the bi-weekly calls[3] to review ideas and brainstorm if that
> helps with coming up with more content.
>
> If you would like to volunteer for any of the topics above or have a new
> idea you can add it to the meeting etherpad[4], respond to this thread or
> reach out to me.

> Thanks,
> Ildikó
>
> [1] https://www.starlingx.io/blog/