[Starlingx-discuss] Is there any plan of containerize the flock services ?

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:59:00 UTC 2019

Hi Frank and STX community

Based on the presentation discuss during phoenix meeting last January
I had the impression that flock services were meant to be on the host
OS where the containers are running, is this still valid for the long
term?

I am asking this because on today multi-OS meeting we present the
following architecture/plan:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ck7vGH50AIAjUx9GNrIGtowG5qg7OYUBNdJyY-5ZvDc/edit?usp=sharing

Where we are considering the task of build all the flock services on
Ubuntu, However, based on this task:

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004008

Gives me the impression that there is a plan for reducing the number
of flock services running on the host OS, If that is the case, Could
you please share the list of what flock services that you have in mind
to put in a container?  this will help us to reduce the list of
packages we need to build.

On the same topic, for the none open stack packages like systemd, bash
or python, do you have the list of packages that need to run outside
the containers on the host OS? Having this exact list of packages will
help us to focus on the exact packages to build on Ubuntu.

Regards

Victor Rodriguez