[Starlingx-discuss] Add OAM manually?

Martinez Monroy, Elio elio.martinez.monroy at intel.com
Wed Feb 27 00:54:18 UTC 2019

Hello Yong and Marcel

Yes, OAM interfaces is set during config_controller.

And yes, you can modify OAM interface, please check following steps:

1. In controller-0 (active), check default OAM config
system oam-show
2.Modify cEXT_OAM section with compatible configuration (OAM IP for controller-1)
system oam-modify oam_c1_ip=10.10.10.11
3. Verify that new configuration is accepted
system oam-show
4. Verify that config_applied ID is equal for all hosts
   $ system host-show <host id>
5. Verify that config_target ID is equal for all hosts
system host-show <host id>
6. Lock and unlock the controller-1, so config can be updated
system host-lock controller-1
system host-show
system host-unlock controller-1
system host-show
7. Swact controllers. Wait until new master (controller-1) controller appeared
8. verify that ip address for OAM interface is changed to new value and verify that oam controller IP address is changed to new address.
ssh to host
ifconfig (only for controllers)
cat /etc/hosts
9. Verify that config_applied and config_target are equal to uuid of new applied config for new master host
system host-show <new master host id>
10. lock and unlock the compute nodes one at a time, ensuring that sufficient resources are available to migrate any running instances

Please let me know if you have more questions