[Starlingx-discuss] Proposal: Deployment Option Names

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Thu Feb 28 19:12:39 UTC 2019

I raised an issue today in the TSC on behalf of the Docs team, to request approval for a proposal for the names of the Deployment options that StarlingX supports.  Several different terms are in common use and the hope is to standardize at least our formal documents on one common set of names.

We didn't have a quorum in the TSC today and were not able to close this issue.  In the interests of moving things forward it was suggested to use the following names for now.  I have updated the Doc mega-spec accordingly.  If the TSC would like us to use different names, just let me know and I'll change the spec.

Proposed Deployment Options:

*         All-in-one Simplex (changed from the "AIO" used in the spec previously)

*         All-in-one Duplex (same)

*         All-in-one Duplex with up to 4 Computes (changed from "AIO-Duplex with Computes")

*         Standard with Controller Storage (changed from "Small Standard")

*         Standard with Dedicated Storage (changed from "Standard")

*         Standard with Ironic

*         Multi-Region

*         Distributed Cloud