[Starlingx-discuss] Issues with build instructions

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:09:35 UTC 2019

Hi team

I am following the image build instructions from :

https://docs.starlingx.io/developer_guide/

If these are not the correct instructions please let me know. I am
stuck at the point of:

$ docker build --tag $USER:centos-mirror-repository --file Dockerfile .

I am behind a proxy and i already set up docker for proxy ( i tested
docker run hello-world and works fine ) and set up the Dockerfile as
suggested:

ENV http_proxy " http://your.actual_http_proxy.com:your_port "
ENV https_proxy " https://your.actual_https_proxy.com:your_port "
ENV ftp_proxy " http://your.actual_ftp_proxy.com:your_port "
RUN echo " proxy=http://your-proxy.com:port " >> /etc/yum.conf

However, I am still facing this error

Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base/7/x86_64
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=container
error was
12: Timeout on http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=container:
(28, 'Resolving timed out after 30541 milliseconds')

The command '/bin/sh -c yum install -y epel-release sudo vim-enhanced
net-tools git         /usr/bin/yumdownloader rpm-build rpm-sign
deltarpm wget bind         bind-utils && rm
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Sources.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo' returned a non-zero code: 1

Full log at :

https://hastebin.com/omuzimenid.sql

Any help is more than welcome

Regards