[Starlingx-discuss] discuss about initial value of TIS_PATCH_VER when upgrade packages

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 16 20:13:49 UTC 2019

We had a quick discussion here at the F2F with some WRS folks on the phone.

We came to an agreement that the value of TIS_PATCH_VER would be reset
to 1 when a rebase occurs and incremented by 1 each additional change
that is made to the specfile.

As part of the future "re-branding" plan we will rename TIS_PATCH_VER
to STX_PATCH_VER along with the %_tis_dist/%_tis_patch_ver variables.

For the current rebase in flight, what's merged is merged and what's
pending should be updated to match this new understanding.

Thanks for your support!

Sau!